The Jan Shrem and Maria Manetti Shrem Museum of Art is free for all.
January 2–26, 2019: The Museum is closed for installation. Please join us at our Winter Season Opening Celebration Sunday, January 27th, 2–4 pm.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: Noon–6 pm
Thursday: Noon–9 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 11 am–5 pm
- The Museum is closed on the following dates in observance of University holidays:
- November 22, 2018 (Thanksgiving Holiday)
- December 24–25, 2018 (Winter Holiday)
- December 31, 2018-January 1, 2019 (Winter Holiday)
- March 29, 2019 (Cesar Chavez Day)
- July 4, 2019 (Independence Day)
Call 530.752.8500 for more information.
Manetti Shrem Museum Directions & Parking
The Manetti Shrem Museum is located at 254 Old Davis Road, Davis, CA 95616. Parking is available for purchase in Visitor Parking Lot 1 and the Gateway Parking Structure. Directions and details on parking options and costs are below.
From I-80 East (from Bay Area), take the UC Davis exit (Exit 71). Turn left onto Old Davis Road and continue north for approximately 0.8 miles. The museum will be on your right.
From I-80 West (from Sacramento), take the UC Davis exit (Exit 71). Turn right onto Old Davis Road and continue north for approximately 0.7 miles. The museum will be on your right.
From 113 South (from Woodland), take the I-80 East exit (Exit 26B) toward Sacramento and keep right to take the ramp toward UC Davis. Turn left on Old Davis Road and continue north for approximately 0.8 miles. The museum will be on your right.
Parking Options and Costs
During the academic year, campus parking regulations are enforced Monday-Friday, 7am-10pm and during special events. All lots are monitored by campus parking enforcement so please be sure to follow posted signage; do not park in spaces restricted to specific vehicles/permits. We want to make your visit as convenient as possible and offer the parking options below:
- Two-hour $3 parking permits are available for purchase in Visitor Parking Lot 1 and the Gateway Parking Structure (located across from the Mondavi Center). Please note that these are only payable by Visa/MasterCard. After purchasing a permit at the marked dispenser, park in any spot that is not restricted, and place the permit face up on the driver’s side dashboard before leaving your vehicle.
- A limited number of 2-hour dime- and quarter-operated meters are also available in Visitor Parking Lot 1 and the Gateway Parking Structure. (Please note that you may pay with coins at the meter or use a valid 2-hour permit purchased from the dispenser.)
- Day passes are also available for $9 and can be purchased only with a Visa/MasterCard from the yellow permit dispensers found next to the Margrit Mondavi Art Garden in Visitor Parking Lot 1 and the entrance of the Gateway Parking Structure.
- If your vehicle displays a disabled person’s placard/plate, you may park in any disabled space without purchasing a parking permit. If the disabled spaces are unavailable, you may park in any Visitor, A or C permit space or at a metered-spot without purchasing a parking permit.
To access Visitor Parking Lot 1, turn right onto Alumni Lane and locate the blue 2-hour permit dispenser immediately in front of you at the end of the street. Metered-spots are also located to the east of the dispenser.
To access the Gateway Parking Structure, turn right onto Hilgard Lane and then left to enter the structure. Continue up the ramp and turn left to locate the blue 2-hour permit dispenser in front of you next to the elevator. Metered spots are also located in the structure.
Ample bicycle racks are located on the west side of the museum as well as around Vanderhoef Quad on the north side of Old Davis Road.
The Amtrak station is located 1 mile from the museum. To see if the campus bus lines can help get you where you need to go, visit the Unitrans website for full details on routes and schedules.
Visit the UC Davis Transportation and Parking Services site for additional visitor information.
Photo above by Iwan Baan