When it’s time to play, make your own GIANT bubbles! This recipe produces the most stable bubbles that float for a long time. Make enough bubble solution to last you all summer, or half the recipe for a week of fun. The version below works best with guar gum powder (which you can order online) and the specified brand of dish soap.
GIANT Bubble Recipe
- 1 1/2 tablespoons guar gum powder
- 2-4 tablespoons rubbing alcohol
- 3 gallons hot water
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 20 ounces Dawn Platinum dish soap
1. In a large bucket, add the hot water (be careful!) and baking powder, and mix well until there are no lumps.
2. In a separate bowl, add guar gum powder and enough rubbing alcohol to blend it into a lump-free slurry that is thin enough to easily pour.
3. Begin stirring the water in the bucket until it creates a vortex in the center. Pour the guar gum-alcohol slurry into it, and continue stirring for a minute or two as the liquid thickens slightly.
4. Mix in the dish soap gently to avoid foaming. Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes.
Now you’re ready for some GIANT bubbles!
- Use your hands and make a diamond or circle shape, dip them into the solution and blow!
- If you have pipe cleaners, you can bend the end of a pipe cleaner into a square or circle to make your own bubble wand.
- Have some plastic straws? Take two straws and insert each end of the straw into the other straw to make a square or diamond and have your own bubble blower!
Your GIANT bubble solution can be stored in a sealed container and used whenever you need some bubbles.