The Manetti Shrem Museum is committed to keeping our visitors and staff safe and healthy by following UC Davis’ COVID-19 protocols. Before arriving at UC Davis and the Manetti Shrem Museum, we ask that you review and adhere to the practices detailed on the UC Davis website.
- Upon arrival at the museum, all visitors will need to show the result of their Daily Symptom Survey, printed or on their mobile device to verify university guidelines are met before entering the building.
- Don’t forget your face covering — they are required on campus both inside buildings and outdoors when others are likely to be around.
- By entering the museum, you agree to abide by these policies.
- The museum provides lockers for any bag larger than 11x17 inches. However, we encourage you to minimize the items you bring with you.
- The museum has two wheelchairs onsite for use. Please inform a team member if any assistance is needed.
What to expect during your visit
- Reduced capacity of staff and visitors to ensure physical distancing.
- A safe, comfortable and leisurely experience of viewing our new exhibitions within your 2-hour visit time slot.
- Reduced wall text in galleries to prevent crowding; a new website offers in-depth information and can be accessed through QR codes at the museum.
- New personal protection practices required for all students, staff, faculty and visitors.
Staff & Visitor Safety Guidelines
- Complete UC Davis’ weekly COVID Testing and Daily Symptom Survey before reporting onsite.
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance between themselves and others.
- Always wear a mask or face covering.
- Clean and sanitize high-touch surfaces and public spaces throughout the workday.
- Report any potential exposure to COVID-19 to public health authorities to allow for proper contact tracing.
Visitors are asked to:
- Reschedule your ticket if you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing any symptoms of illness.
- Before your visit, take the Daily Symptom Survey, which is required before entering any buildings on the UC Davis campus.
- Follow the physical-distancing markers at visitor entry and exit points.
- Please do not touch the artwork, frame, platforms, labels, display cases or anything used to protect the art.
- Help prevent the spread of germs by washing your hands often. Hand sanitizer is available at museum entry.
- Individuals who are not able to comply with the Manetti Shrem Museum safety guidelines and the UC Davis Principles of Community or are not able to visit in person are encouraged to engage with the museum through our virtual programs and online content at manettishrem.org.
- If you or anyone in your party develops symptoms consistent with COVID-19, as spelled out in the Daily Symptom Survey, or test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of your visit, you will immediately take steps to notify all individuals present at the encounter and their county health department.