6 p.m. Saturday, January 25, 2020
The Jan Shrem and Maria Manetti Shrem Museum of Art, Davis, CA
The Manetti Shrem’s annual fundraising gala celebrates Northern California’s pioneering role in the birth of Conceptual art and pays tribute to those preserving its legacy. The gala co-chairs are Maria Manetti Shrem, Pamela Kramlich and LeShelle May.
- First look at new winter exhibitions: Stephen Kaltenbach: The Beginning and The End; Gesture: The Human Figure After Abstraction | Selections from the Manetti Shrem Museum featuring works by Manuel Neri, Robert Arneson and Wayne Thiebaud (both opening Jan. 26, 2020); and NEW ERA, an installation by Doug Aitken.
- Presentation of the inaugural Margrit Mondavi Arts Medallion
- Wine-paired dinner by McCalls Catering & Events
The museum’s Partners, board members, lenders and other supporters, and three incredible Bay Area art influencers who will be honored with the medallion:
Carlie Wilmans: Founder and chair of the board of trustees for 500 Capp Street Foundation and the David Ireland House; arts patron and trustee at SFMOMA and CCA.
- Constance Lewallen: Adjunct curator at the University of California Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive; co-curator of Stephen Kaltenbach: The Beginning and The End, and author of 500 Capp Street: David Ireland's House.
- Ann Hatch: Longtime arts patron, trustee and co-founder of the Oxbow School (Napa), Capp Street Project and Workshop Residence.
To support the museum’s educational outreach programs and free exhibitions. Forty-two percent of the 35,000 students attending UC Davis are first-generation college students, and the museum is their first introduction to the power of art and community. Over 30 percent of the museum’s space is dedicated to education.
Tickets start at $750. For more information contact Michael Lawrence at email@example.com.
Communications Specialist Laura Compton, 530-754-1787.
Top photo: Drew Altizer